Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Lion Hotel

Last night, my brother and I met up with a long time schoolfriend for a meal and a chat.

This was at The Lion Hotel, an English style pub located in the Melbourne Central shopping complex in the heart of the City of Melbourne.

It's always good to catch up with people I grew up with.

The night was pleasant enough, but for the presence of a bunch of men, who judging from their amount of alcohol they consumed, their behavior and language, I'm sure were members of a sports team.

Some of the people seated near us changed tables, but we just stayed where we were.

One of them kept looking over in our direction, and started to call me McLovin (after a character in the teen comedy, Superbad.)

I think next time I meet with old school friends, we are going to choose a more family friendly venue.

2 comments:

  1. Remember how back in our school days we used to get together with our friends and act silly? Perhaps some of us never grow out of it. The food was good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance of another posting? It's been quite a while.

    ReplyDelete